How I'm Bettering Myself...

 Ok, well actually I'm going to start off by contradicting myself slightly with my choice of Title here. 

I think there is potential for causing more damage then good if we all obsess about "improving", "bettering", "changing" ourselves. Without realising we are already enough and, definitely most of us already have enough. Like with everything, and I say this often - it's all about balance.  Something I feel like we are finally starting to realise through events of the world, is that being alive and healthy is the biggest blessing. 

I am now more grateful for a new day everyday I wake up and I say thanks for my new day each and everyday. 


But onto what I've been working on within myself a lot more these past couple of years...

I, like everyone have constantly given myself a hard time, those thoughts like - "I should be more financially stable", "I should be kinder to people, "I should be more successful", "Why do I feel like a failure sometimes?".... those negative thoughts, it goes on!

I've always been a spiritually natured girl and I feel quite connected to earth and also peoples auras and things like that. But, I have most definitely felt like I'd lost some part of me in the past few years, like the magic inside of me that shows me where to go and what to do.

Anyway, I'm trying to not go on too much! 

More recently I have really been trying to work a lot more on my inner self and it has honestly felt so good and reassuring, I thought I would share some the things I've been doing.


So here it goes:

1. Meditation & journaling 

Yes I know you've heard it before, but doing this consistently has been showing (yes slow) but progress for me. I find even if I have a day where I've struggled to get in the zone and been a bit fidgety, still those 10minutes (or however long) have been key to setting up my day positively.  

I'm currently using the Deepak Chopra app and following the 21-Day Meditation for healing power of the Divine Feminine.














2. Saying Thanks And Showing Gratitude

As mentioned above. Since I left Bali 2019 I have made a habit of saying thanks every day and saying what I'm grateful for. I say thanks for having food to eat and water I can drink, and I say thanks for my new day. I don't know if this sounds daft to some but I promise you, making note of all the good things you have and privileges you have in your life and just quickly reminding yourself of those each day brings you down to the ground! I also have a specific little notebook that I sometimes like to write down a list of what I'm grateful for. This is something that drops off from time to time and I'm trying to get into a better habit with.


3. I invested in myself

I've been really considering reaching out and finally getting some help, for the past year in particular it seems that messages are coming to me more often about this. There's part of me that wants all the help, therapy, business coach, lifestyle coach, psychic readings etc but who can afford that?

I made one leap and I joined a new business called The She Brief

Founded by Emily Parr She has created an online platform for women in all sorts of areas of work can come together and support each other. Not only that but she brings in masterclasses & workshops from professionals and we get to learn so much more about things like wellness, mindset, business and more. I am honestly learning so much and feel like I'm on a new wave (ever so slightly.... it's a slow process for me)
















4. Write down a list of Intentions For The Day

This is something I have just thought about and started doing a couple of days ago. I find it's great for a positive mindset and I make my list in the morning, but having it on my phone is a great way to refer back to throughout the day (just incase you go a little off track!) Thinking about the intentions each morning is also good to get me thinking.














5. Business, Empowerment, Wellness Podcast

Personally I think I've left the best to last. As I mentioned earlier I have been really attracted to the idea of trying some sort of business/lifestyle coaching. As I was researching and looking for such a person I came across Becki Rabin Even though I haven't, as yet, taken on any coaching I have been invested in Becki's podcasts 

Each and every one of us is different and I feel it's incredibly important for you, if you are interested in trying such things like therapy/life coaching, that you find the coach that's right you you, the one that speaks in a way you resonate with. Personally for me these podcasts have been, dare I say it? 'life changing' 














I could definitely list a couple more than these 5, but these are my top 5 and I think that is enough for one sitting?


I'll finish off with a couple of quotes from a guy I would also recommend following, but if this has at all been helpful in anyway to you please drop me a comment and let me know and maybe there will be a part 2!


Follow me on Instagram - Nostalgic Feather

Love

xx



Comments

Popular Posts