HOW TO STYLE LAYERED JEWELLERY




Hey Guys!
I often get asked how I make stacking jewellery look so easy and effortless so I thought I'd start sharing some tips and advice with you all.
Today I'm going to start with layering necklaces.

Firstly I will say, my biggest advise to you is don't necessarily follow the rules!
Since I started my jewellery brand this has always been my motto, follow your own style. Your jewellery and style is so unique to you, you want to show that off.

With that being said I think layering necklaces in particular can take a little playing around with as sometimes it might just not work, but again go with your own flow.

The basics to layering necklaces is length and space.
Start with your shortest necklace/choker. I always make this one something dainty with the smallest pendants. 
You might want to only layer with two - three necklaces but don't be shy to go lots more.
Your second necklace is going to ideally be around 18 - 20 inches in length, though I do often layer with shorter ones too.
Your third is going to be your longest with the biggest charm or pendant. Or opt for a very long fine delicate chain.

You can play around with it, different metals, I have always been someone who mixed golds and silvers together. Try delicate chains mixed with one heavy chain. See what works for you. But just try and find good spacing and think about what clothing you are wearing it with too. V-necks are obviously a great neckline to show off your layered look.

I've gone for a very simple layered look in this post.
Both necklaces I am wearing are Nostalgic Feather
I've made layering even easier for you with designing the Star Crossed Lovers necklace as it is already two layers in one necklace.

The main thing is to have fun and stay true to your own unique style. 

I will be making more styling videos on my jewellery Instagram
and also on my Youtube channel. So make sure to follow and keep an eye out!

I hope this post has been helpful. Don't forget to tag @nostalgicfeather so I can see how you're styling your NF pieces.

See you next time!
xx




Comments

Popular Posts