2022 🌿 A Fresh Hope Without Too Much Pressure

 



Hi My Feathers,

I hope you had a well earned, peaceful break over the holidays.

Please try to ignore that I am posting a new years post in the second week of the new year!

I went home (Carlisle, Cumbria) as I do every year, but this year I stayed a bit longer and saw in the new year up there. It was well needed.

Since I returned I have been working. Sadly not on jewellery, but in my job that pays my rent. I will be honest and tell you, even after 8 years of living in London it is still a constant battle for me to keep afloat.

I work elsewhere to try and survive in paying the outgoings but that takes away my time and energy from my business and all the work that I need to put into it. Everything from designing, making jewellery, to creating content for socials, to posting on socials, to writing blog posts and newsletters, to name a few.

I'm officially leaving my current job, without another job to head into and as scary as that is, I know it's the right thing to do. I won't go into details, but trust me.

So I am taking a big leap here and hoping the universe catches me good!

I start every year with hopes and ambitions of working so hard on my jewellery and I tend to end the year feeling deflated and like I haven't grown at all... in any area of my life.

However, I'm feeling more motivated and hopeful this January than I have in a long time. Some of my goals are to:


  • Be more consistent
  • Grow my socials
  • Write more blogposts
  • Learn more jewellery making skills - Wax carving for one
  • Start Vlogging? 🤔
  • improve my product photography skills
And of course, there's way more. This being said, I do want to note, as great as I think it is to set some goals and ambitions to have things in mind to aim towards, I DO NOT believe in putting way too much pressure on ourselves. Have dreams and goals, but do not be hard on yourselves, also, if certain things are not met, that is also OK.

If we meet goals, what happens next? Do we barely appreciate it and instantly set another, bigger goal? Most likely. 
Let's not forget to acknowledge all the privileges we have already, be thankful and be kind ♥️

I hope 2022 is a happy, healthy year for all of us. 
Please pray for me!

xx


Comments

Popular Posts