Let's Chat - Updates

 Ok let's set aside any insecurities about how and what to write here and let's just write it out with no judgement - thoughts in my mind




So, I'm going to fill you in on a little casual update on things, what's been happening this year and where I am at now. So sit back and enjoy the tea!

At the start of this year, I decided I would make use of this blog again (one I've had since around 2012ish) but abandoned, came back to here and there and then abandoned again. 

I won't go into too much detail, but the start of this year I also handed in my notice at my job where I was working. The truth is the job itself was fine and there was a lot I enjoyed about it, but it was also very toxic and very unreasonable things were expected. I found it extremely draining to have to deal with and it was beginning to have a negative effect on my metal health. 

I'm a very chilled out, carefree kinda gal and I just got to a point where I had to take myself out of that situation. I will speak my mind and be patient but only for so long and then I'm going to take myself out of that toxic situation.

This, as much of a financial disaster it is to leave a job with no other job lined up (especially living somewhere as pricey as London) freed up all my time and energy, and for the first time ever I just allowed myself this time to focus on my own things, and my passion, which for those who don't know is my own jewellery brand Nostalgic Feather

I buried my head in trying to learn. Learn from books to podcasts to online bootcamps and webinars in all areas of business and also making jewellery too. 

I got myself into a nice groove where I was posting quite consistently on here for a short while. But then I decided to move the blog so that it was part of my website rather than separate. Although I love having a "journal" page on my own site now I was struggling on how to navigate this all and also the feeling that I still wanted to be able to share posts like this.


So I have now decided to keep this blog on the side as an informal platform for me to share openly and more relaxed about all sorts! and then my journal page on my website with be professional and keeping to related content.


Another update, going back to me putting 100% into my jewellery business, one thing I've been wanting/needing to do for a long time is to up my skills in metalsmithing and also lots of other making techniques I will be throwing myself into. I am officially going back to school and will be studying at BAJ.

Although I've learnt a lot myself and I am proud of myself for what I have achieved myself, I feel my confidence isn't quite there and is something that has been in the way of my success. I've had a big shift this year and doing this course feels right for me and also the right time. 

So I am excited for this chapter and hopefully you will follow along and we can lift each other. Just a reminder to never give up on your dreams! There is no one way to success. Many people in my situation would have given up on the business after 8 years of no growth but for me it is only about finding ways to improve and I will never let go of NF


Thanks for reading and let me know if you enjoy personal, open updates like this?


Sarah

xx

🌿



Comments

Popular Posts